We provide the best services to the broadcast Industries
LS of South Africa has extensive working experience and specialist knowledge of Africa's radio communications needs. We offer practical solutions tailored for Africa.
Professional network and coverage planning is the foundation of any robust and cost-effective broadcast network delivering high quality of service. We cover the end-to-end broadcast network deployment process.
This includes spectrum planning and coordination, migration from analogue to digital, analysis of potential technologies and various planning and optimisation simulations. We take care of bid planning, project and procurement management and assist your roll-out with our system integration services. Our planning results in an effective network roll-out plan.
Some of our recent projects include:
- LS telcom supports DAB+ licensing process in the Netherlands
- MYTV purchases CHIRplus_BC for Malaysian DTT network rollout
- Turnkey medium wave broadcast site built for Magic 828 AM
- Major European broadcast operators confirm high-value of airborne measurements via remotely piloted aircraft system
- Provision of RPA antenna pattern measurements for Sentech’s DTT network
- Development of a national Community Radio Frequency Plan for the Seychelles
- Namibia: LS telcom carries out countrywide broadcast site audits via remotely piloted aircraft (RPA)
- Consultancy for the review of Type Approval Technical Standards and Procedures, and the Development of Broadcasting Technical Standards for Botswana.
The broadcast industry is undergoing rapid change. With technology evolution and regulations change. Digitisation has brought many opportunities, but also many challenges.
We can help you to fully exploit the opportunities and overcome the challenges.
Our participation in industry events and close association with the ITU through our ITU-R and ITU-D sector membership enables us to contribute in workgroups involving Terrestrial Broadcast Delivery and Radiowave Propagation.
LS of South Africa has been involved in most of the large DTT broadcast network deployments across Africa and has vast experience in matters relating
Our ability to deliver turnkey broadcast projects and the wealth of experience that we offer makes LS of South Africa a reliable execution partner for broadcast projects anywhere in Africa, irrespective of scale or broadcast technology.
We have successfully executed turnkey DTT, FM and AM broadcast projects within budget and scope, and with a high degree of workmanship and pride in what we do.
LS telcom’s CHIRplus_BC broadcast planning software is used by some of the world’s largest broadcasters and regulators to ensure optimal, interference-free use of the broadcast spectrum for all broadcast technologies.
CHIRplus_BC can also be used to simulate co-existence between various technologies such as DVB-T2 and LTE, as was done for OFCOM in the United Kingdom.
LS’s experience in broadcasting is not limited to single-site builds but also includes project management and technical consulting and engineering in various aspects of the broadcast project lifecycle.