Design a new DTT to DTT migration plan for Republic of South Africa to allow for seven national DTT multiplexes.
Scope of Work;
- Adapt the South African GE06 Digital broadcast frequency plan to make as many as possible DTT multiplexes available.
- Consider digital dividend 1 (790 MHz to 862 MHz)
- Consider digital dividend 2 (694 MHz to 790 MHz)
- Plan should make use of SFN networks
- Plan should allow for regional program splits and multiple PLP transmissions.
The project allowed changing the GE06 frequency plan completely. The result of the exercise showed that less than 10% of the GE06 frequency assignments will remain in the GE06 frequency plan. The additions to GE06 DTT plan will be re-coordinated with the neighbouring administrations.