LS of South Africa was appointed by the Ethiopian Broadcasting Authority (EBA) and the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) to perform broadcast planning for FM expansion and DTT implementation in Ethiopia.
The purpose of the consultancy work is to plan the frequencies to be assigned to the Broadcasting Service, and the scope of work is as follows:
- Establish technical standards for broadcasting equipment
- Define the basic FM broadcast planning standards for Ethiopia
- Define the basic DTT broadcast planning standards for Ethiopia
- Define FM frequency requirement for Ethiopia with the input of EBA
- Define DTT and Analogue TV frequency requirement for Ethiopia with the input of EBA
- Identify FM frequencies in accordance with the requirement of EBA
- Identify DTT and Analogue TV frequencies in accordance with the requirement of EBA
- Provide training to EBA engineering personnel in order to assist them to perform frequency planning and management functions as required by the regulator.
- Develop Policy direction for most convenient digital broadcast migration in Ethiopia;
- Suggest the coordination and registration of the plan.