LS of South Africa was appointed along with a local partner Sandulela Telecoms Botswana by the Botswana Communications Regulatory Authority (BOCRA) to review the existing telecommunications type approval specifications and procedures as well as develop new broadcasting technical specifications and procedures to be used by BOCRA in the type approval process.
The scope of work includes:
The project was executed in two parts. The services envisaged in this project are as follows:
- Part 1
- Review and update existing telecommunication technical specifications/standards taking into account the latest technologies and equipment.
- Development of new broadcasting equipment technical specifications/standards covering transmitters and receivers.
- Part 2
- Review of the existing telecommunications Type Approval procedures and incorporation of broadcasting equipment Type Approval procedures.
- Review of the fee structure, including the broadcasting equipment.
- Recommendations on equipment labelling.