We Offer The Most Complete Product Innovation In The spectrum management Market
In parallel to the increasing spectrum demand, many new, more spectrum efficient technologies have emerged on the market and economics are playing an increasing role in spectrum management. Techniques such as pricing, auctions, trading and dynamic spectrum access have
found their way into spectrum management, allowing market players to take a wider role in determining spectrum use.
Unused or underused spectrum is a lost opportunity and the drive for spectrum efficiency is global. The solutions however, have to take into account local issues and sensitivities. There is no “one size fits all” approach. LS telcom has worked with many spectrum regulatory authorities worldwide and we have an unparalleled view of the various solutions employed. When considering your issues, we can call upon our experience from around the world to ensure that your solution addresses local issues as well as drawing upon the best international practices.
Effective spectrum licensing processes
Spectrum management and licensing is a complicated task, involving technical, coordination and administrative procedures. Our consultants illustrate how to obtain a unique view of your national spectrum, how to reduce errors in the licensing process, how to shorten the licensing and billing cycles to increase revenue... and much more. Any issue in licensing...why not take the opportunity to discuss with our experts?
LS OBSERVER Combined Spectrum Management and Monitoring System
The smooth and easy data exchange and comparison of “real” measured data from the monitoring system and data in the licence database for:
- increased data accuracy of licence database
- spectrum policy making based on real data
- better spectrum planning
- identify frequency bands in which efficiency could be improved
- identify spectrum sharing opportunities
Whether you are from licensing, monitoring, technical analysis or financial management, come and talk to our IT experts, spectrum management and business process consultants to find out how the SPECTRA integrated and automated spectrum management and licensing system can support you in your daily work.
SPECTRA is a fully ITU-compliant automated spectrum management system developed by LS telcom, and is used by some of the world’s
largest regulators (OFCOM, ACMA, Industry Canada etc.)
To date, the following countries makes use of SPECTRA:
- Australia (ACMA)
- Bahrain (TRA)
- Canada (Industry Canada)
- Cape Verde (ANAC)
- Czech Republic (CTO)
- Ecuador (SENATEL)
- Germany (Bundesnetzagentur)
- Hungary (NMHH)
- Indonesia (Postel)
- Kosovo (RAEPC)
- Madagascar (OMERT)
- Nicaragua (TELCOR)
- Oman (TRA)
- Portugal (ANACOM)
- Russia (GFRC)
- Saudi Arabia (CITC)
- Senegal (ARTP)
- Sri Lanka (TRCSL)
- United Arab Emirates (TRA)
- United Kingdom (OFCOM)
- Vietnam (RFD)
At present, a SPECTRA system is being rolled out for the Malawi Communication Regulatory Authority (MACRA).
- Planning and Coordination of Terrestrial Broadcasting services
- FM, TV, DVB-T (-H), T-DAB (-DMB), LF/MF, HF, DRM(+), DVB-T2, ISDB-T, ATSC, …
- Other Services in the broadcasting bands and Aeronautical Compatibility (LEGBAC)
- Powerful databases system
- GIS and graphical user interface
- Field strength and interference prediction
- Support of international frequency plans (GE84, ST61, GE06, GE75, RJ81…)
- Contour Based Calculations
- Coordination functions and macros
- Network planning and optimisation
- Frequency Planning (Frequency Scan)
- Population Analysis
- General Features
- Modular software structure
- Support of all relevant broadcast and Mobile TV technologies
- Comprehensive library of propagation models
- Frequency Planning and International Coordination
- Frequency scan analysis
- Identification of appropriate frequencies
- Consideration of international frequency plans
- Handling of assignment and allotments
- Automation of coordination processes
- Direct data access to ITU BRIFIC
- Support of electronic notification formats
- Network Planning and Optimisation
- MFN and SFN planning of countrywide networks
- Various interference calculation methods
- Detailed network analysis results
- SFN delay optimisation
- Population analysis
- Import and analysis of measurement data
- Outstanding performance due to multi-core threading
- Support of multiple export/import formats
- Interface to IDWM
- Display of results in Google Earth®
Wireless service providers today see their transmission network as a strategic asset which determines overall operational performance and profitability.
The rapid growth in traffic volumes and service diversity associated with 3G and 4G mobile technology directly affects the size and complexity of the backhaul network. The huge demand placed on transmission networks requires a backhaul infrastructure which is scalable, robust and cost-effective to install, operate and manage.
To address these challenges, transmission planning engineers need flexible, resilient and easy-to-use software based on well-established engineering procedures and algorithms: CHIRplus_FX is an advanced network planning, design & optimisation software for well-engineered and economically optimised wireless backhaul solutions.
CHIRplus_FX supports the end-to-end engineering of backhaul networks including site selection, line-of-sight (LOS) analysis, detailed link engineering, channel assignment, coordination & interference analysis, as well as automated generation of licence applications and bills of material (BoM).
CHIRplus_FX, based on many years of expert engineering knowledge and customer experience, is the most modern software solution in terms of architecture, technology and ease of use.
Key to fast and cost-effective microwave link planning is operational efficiency. Transmission engineers want to concentrate on their planning job and need software which is highly convenient to use. CHIRplus_FX is second to none when it comes to software usability, database access and database analytics.
Technical analysis and basic planning may be performed in SPECTRAemc. This tool allows visualizing the existing stations, creating and placing new stations, embedding them into an existing network, calculating coverage and interference between the existing stations and the new component or network and finally assigning also frequencies. Additionally, also health safety considerations can be made as well as high order intermodulation analysis. Typically a number of licenses of this tool is needed, e.g. some to fulfil the day to day work, others for coordination negotiations, and yet others for remote operations on a laptop, containing pre-compiled results and datasets for later off-line evaluation.
For decision-making on frequency request and in order to automatically identify acceptable interference cases the SPECTRA system provides sophisticated methods and instruments. As stated above general analysis tools for calculations across the radio services are included with the basic configuration suggested in the present paper. More specialised planning and analysis tools for in-depth analysis of certain services can be added to the system at any time.
SPECTRAemc allows for in-depth analysis from basic field strength calculation to interference calculations including inter-service analyses. An optional wave propagation upgrade, including wave propagation models for the whole radio frequency range (VLF–EHF), allows for different kinds of technical analyses on the basis of propagation models for the whole radio spectrum.
- SPECTRAemc features include:
- Planning for all radio services
- Coverage contours
- Health safety zones
- Field strength area
- Shortwave frequencies (usable frequencies calculated on month and day time)
- Different types of interference analyses
- Frequency pre-selection
- Intermodulation analysis based on predicted field strength and frequency values
- Desensitisation analysis
- ITU notification
- National and International Coordination